Logan, with Uncle Wynne’s help, installed a new oven (well new to us) this past week. I was so excited about the whole thing. I was a little bit disappointed when we discovered that the top oven’s thermostat was broken.
Yesterday Logan, my mom and I went to look at houses. I decided to program the oven to start 10 minutes before we were due to arrive back home so that it could just grill the cheese.
Well firstly the estate agent arrived at our house 20 minutes later than he was supposed to. Then he showed us four houses instead of 3. I only remembered that I had put the food in the oven at house number 3. I was not assertive enough to tell everyone that we should go home after house number 3.
Anyway when we got home the house was oozing smoke. Another 3 minutes and I think we would have had a fire on our hands. I am so grateful that nothing bad happened and the only problem we have is a very smelly house.
Needless to say we went to MacDonald's while we waited for the smoke to vacate the premises.



Shame man! You were just looking for an excuse to go out weren't you! ;)
ReplyDeleteHe he. That's what Logan said too :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Rubes. The sad thing is that my cooking often looks like that too - and I haven't installed a new oven!!
ReplyDeleteReally glad the house didn't burn down (although it would have made for an exceptionally thrilling blog post).
Carol's a sadist! :)
ReplyDeleteglad nothing bad happened. talk about guadian angels!
HA ha Carol! I'm with Kerry on that;)
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is "RUBY I've been there and done THAT!" Not to worry it will only take 3 months to get rid of the burnt smell:)
oh man! sometimes it sucks to not be assertive?! hehehe
ReplyDeletegood luck with the house hunting