Pages

Search

Friday, 1 January 2010

Aidan turns 6!

Aidans birthday
I lay in the hospital bed on New Years Eve, listening to the firecrackers in the streets below.  Everyone was celebrating but I was worrying about what was happening to my baby.  I didn’t get much sleep that night with all the noise and stress of the situation.
After surviving cancer the fertility specialists said that I would not be able to have more children.  A month later I was pregnant with Aidan.  I had many scares with the pregnancy and Logan also was unemployed during the pregnancy. 
When Aidan was born on New Years Day I lost a lot of blood and it took the doctors a while to stabilise me.  I remember the sound of the beat of my heart sounding faster and faster.
Through all the challenges I have one thought now:  Having this sweet little boy was so worth it!  He still challenges us but the love that he has for us and his brothers is so awesome.  We love this Miracle Boy.
My Pictures

6 comments:

  1. Definitly a miracle baby!! Congratulations on your 'big' boy turning 6!! wow the years go by so fast! Happy new year, and may 2010 hold many great and wonderful things for you and your family! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Aiden!! You are a wonderful mother Ruby, and you richly deserve your amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ruby, I didn't know you went through so much with your pregnancy and delivery with Aiden. He is a miracle boy and he is gorgeous!
    It is worth it (right) because I'm SO uncomfortable right now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

    Melissa, I don't have to tell you that it is worth it! You know that already. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby you and Logan are a match made in heaven and it shows in the beautiful children you have.

    ReplyDelete