Pages

Search

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Reconnecting

In every one's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer


I visited my beautiful friend June, this week at the temple grounds in Johannesburg.  We haven't seen each other in quite a while and I always marvel at the fact that we can just reconnect so quickly, like we have never been apart. We try to talk about a thousand things as quickly as possible before we have to separate.


June once surprised me with a visit soon after I had Jesse.  I wasn't feeling well and my house was an absolute disaster.  I was actually feeling very down in the dumps (as you tend to do after having major abdominal surgery combined with trying to keep a semblance of normalcy in your home).She brought gifts, she cleaned my kitchen with such efficiency.  We chatted about all sorts of things and I realised that my teenage friend had become an altogether amazing woman.  She was a breath of fresh air and from that day I started to heal, body and spirit.


Thank you my friend for always making me feel like I can conquer anything!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Rubes - makes me think of all the good friends I've had in the past. It's nice to think that even though you don't necessarily see people that often true friendship always remains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful thing to have friends like that! who would take time to make sure you are ok, and do the chores that cannot do. True friendship in its finest moments. X

    ReplyDelete