Pages

Search

Friday, 19 August 2011

Motherhood is hard!

Hey, I'm all about positivity and making your blog look good.  I have even on occassion thought that my life on this blog is pretty amazing!  But this week has made me very tired.  I have had to deal with a brand new-out of the shop packet- bottle of tomato sauce spillage.

Our new 'cute' puppy vomited on Kyle's bed while I thought she was outside.  I had to wash all 4 layers (that said son feels he needs during winter).  The mattress also had to be washed and dragged outside to dry.

We have had Jesse very sick with gastro and all the washing up that entails.

Two nights ago I was getting Logan some medication out of the cabinet for his throat.  A huge bottle of Ponstan fell out onto the floor.  Those amber bottles sure can crack into a million little pieces.  I screamed aloud - not even caring that all the children were already soundly asleep.  Logan came running to see what was wrong.  I burst into tears.  It took us twenty minutes to clean it all up.

Sometimes being a mom is very, very hard.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear! and its definitely OK to complain once in a while! especially when so many tough things happen in one week! hopefully next week will be a better one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister and thanks for being honest. I was telling my hairdresser yesterday, who did not have any children but was considering it, that she should do it. I said it's the most joy you'll ever find and at times the most sadness. It's ALOT of work but for some reason it's all worth it.
    I hope you have a much better week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby, the temperature today was 87 degrees and there will be a few days this week where it hits the low nineties. Unfortunately I've lived here to long to remember how to calculate centigrade.
    It's perfect because you can do a lot of things you can't do in places like California because it would be too hot.

    ReplyDelete