Pages

Search

Friday, 9 December 2011

The Cone of Shame


Our Darcy got into a bit of a scrape this week.  Logan was pulling into the driveway and she ran in front of the car - which she never does!  I got such a fright that I put my hands over my head and screamed.  Logan got a fright with me doing that and slammed on brakes.  If he had carried on driving he would have just driven over her paw but as he braked it sliced her paw very badly.   R2700 later........

The vet said that we would have to bring her in if she started chewing her stitches.  He said that he didn't have a lot of skin to work with and if she started chewing we would have to look at skin grafts.  I have had her inside most of the time for the past 3 days to make sure that she didn't rip off the bright pink bandage but this morning when I went to shower she got stuck in.  So off we went to get the Cone of Shame as the children call it :-)  I can't help but laugh - she isn't very proficient yet and puts her head too low which makes her crash into the ground.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable post! Hope your little lady gets better ASAP! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shame the poor darling... x

    ReplyDelete