Pages

Search

Sunday, 5 September 2010

Spring Trifle

 We had to Braganca's over for supper Friday night and I made a trifile for dessert.  My first try.  It was fun and tasted good.

Orin was very excited to try it out.

4 comments:

  1. Ruby!

    That trifle looks stunning and delicious! Might I inquire for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very easy indeed!

    I made a simple sponge cake and cut it up in 1cm slices. I made a red and green jelly beforehand as well as a thick custard. Wait until the jelly sets and the custard has cooled down.

    I then put slices on the cake on the bottom of the glass bowl and soaked them with orange juice. You are supposed to use cherry but being a mormon.......
    Put a layer of jelly down and then a layer of custard and sliced peaches. Repeat the whole thing and end with whipped cream with about 3 tbs of cream on top. I used strawberries for my second layer of fruit but you can really use any fruit you would like. You can also grate chocolate on top.
    Refrigerate until well chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yummy! I made one here in Wisconsin our first Christmas here... it just gets better the next day:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true. This one was so big it took us 3 days to finish and definitely tasted better the next day :-)

    ReplyDelete