Pages

Search

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Sadness

On Tuesday Kyle came into the kitchen and told me that he wanted to go on his bike to follow some smoke that he could see.  I told him not to go too far because sometimes it looks like a fire is close but it could be far away.  He came back a few minutes later and said that it was 5 houses down and that the street had been blocked with police and ambulances everywhere.

I went outside and found a Community Policing Forum member to speak to.  A house had burnt down in our street.

I felt so very sad for this family.  I don't know them and I don't know how to find out where they are now.  The house is completely gutted and everything inside (the roof too) looks like it has just melted away.


3 comments:

  1. Ruby I love the video with Jesse, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how dreadful! i wonder how it happened..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really looks awful. I hope the family is ok ...

    ReplyDelete