Pages

Search

Saturday, 3 September 2011

Aidan's Accident

Please excuse the filthiness of this foot.  I was lucky enough to get to clean it :-)


On Wednesday one of my sisters-in-law came to drop off her children so that she could go and do an errand.  Our puppy was a bit boisterous so I asked Aidan to run with her to the back and close the gate.  All of a sudden we heard screaming and I saw our gardener running with Aidan in his arms.  Aidan had sliced his foot open on the bottom of the pallisade gate (don't ask me why the previous owner had pallisade spikes on the bottom of the gate).  It looked awful and I felt panic surging through me. The gardener kept on saying, "This is very bad".

I knew I needed to be calm for Aidan.  Thank goodness Devra was there.  She offered to take all the children to my mom-in-law while I took Aidan to the doctor.    I arrived at the medicross and carried Aidan inside. The front desk immediately told me to take him through to casualty.  Aidan was quite worried when I had told him in the car that he would probably need stitches and an injection to numb the wound.  I was amazed though at how brave he was throughout the stitching.  Since it was the first time that I had sat with a child getting stitched I made myself watch the doctor.  It is quite amazing how strong the skin is!

Seven stitches later and we got to go home.  I am so glad that Aidan is ok.

4 comments:

  1. ouch! reading that was sore!!!! glad he is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby:( Glad all turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very brave boy...he'll have lots more proof of being a boy by the time he goes on mission!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, what an ordeal, glad he is okay...now just a few more years and you will recover too :)

    ReplyDelete