Pages

Search

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Meringues

The 13th of January was Devra's birthday.  I decided to make meringues for her.  This is my favourite recipe and it really is very easy.

4 egg whites
115g castor sugar
115g icing sugar

Beat egg whites using mixer, until stiff.
Add caster sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is thick and glossy.
Slowly fold in icing sugar.  I put the mixer on very low and gradually add the icing sugar.
Spoon tablespoons of meringe onto baking paper.

Bake on 90 degrees centigrade for about 2 hours.
Steal a meringue every half hour or so (to check for readiness of course)

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to tell me what you did with the egg yolks. I have got way too many sitting in my freezer, waiting to be used :)

    ReplyDelete