This morning, about 15 minutes before it was time to leave for school, I realised that I had forgotten my gate keys in Logan's car. Logan was an hour away. I managed to get Aidan over so that he could go to school. I was able to watch him walk all the way. Once he was inside I realised that he had left one of his bags by the gate. I was barefoot and the little ones were inside so I couldn't run to take his bag to him. My neighbours daughter arrived about this time. She saw the ladder by the gate and stopped to ask me what was wrong. I burst into tears and told her my sad story. She took the bag and drove to the school and gave the bag to Aidan.
At this time I decided that I would climb back over the gate. It then hit me that I couldn't get the ladder over to the side I was on. Luckily a sweet young man stopped to help me and I could climb back over.
When I got inside I discovered that Jesse had climbed onto my bed. As I was moaning at him he jumped too close to the edge and fell off the bed landing on the back of his head. He was silent for about 10 seconds, got his breath back and proceeded to scream. Just then my neighbour phoned to moan at me for not asking her for help. She was so sweet and kind that I started crying all over again.
An hour later she phoned to ask me if I needed bread and milk and if she could fetch the children from school. Then in the afternoon she called me to the wall with a huge box of fruit.
I am so blessed with good neighbours.





Sounds like you had a horrid day! But what a sweet neighbour. Hope today is better!
ReplyDeletewow! you have great neighbours!
ReplyDeleteOh wow... tough morning! glad you have good friends around you! p.s. you take really good pictures! i bet you'd be a good wedding/kids/families photographer :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are surrounded by great people! That makes every difference in the world.
ReplyDelete