Pages

Search

Monday, 31 January 2011

A dress for a sweetheart

I have been itching to make a dress for my little neice and after finding inspiration on Make it and Love it I went and bought a white tshirt to start the dress.  It was so much fun.

A flower on the t-shirt


Small flowers for the head band
Lara and I found this material when we were helping to declutter a room at my mom-in-law's house.  It seems it was her mother's material - so you could say that this is vintage material.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Ruby! That is so lovely!!! I'm learning so much about you through your blog like your photography and sewing skills.
    You need to open a business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so cute. Now you just need to post a photo with her wearing it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Rubes - if I ever do have kids I will most definitely be calling on those skills of yours - as you know I can't sew to save my life and I am always so envious of those who can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable dress! I wish I had inherited the sewing talent from my mom! Love the vintage material!

    ReplyDelete