Pages

Search

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Watermelon Bust

Because Aidan  didn't have everyone around for his birthday I didn't make an extra large cake.  The family came around for watermelon on the 2nd of January.  Someone had the cool idea of putting the candles in the watermelon.  It worked so well and was perfect for a warm summer day.  The watermelon was deliciously sweet.

Aidan blowing out the candles.

Cousins enjoying watermelon



2 comments:

  1. Ruby what a great idea! Dan and I are always saying we need to find ways of being more healthy.
    What a great way to celebrate a birthday.
    Did I ever tell you what a good mom you are (I can learn so much from you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, you always make me feel 10 feet tall. I really cannot claim the watermelon cake idea as my own. I can't remember who brought it up (maybe Lara). Logan and I just did the 'hard' work :)

    ReplyDelete